Apex ph manual calibration value question

Tangdora

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Does anyone know when manually calibrating an apex PH probe if the value is an indication of the actual ph reading when performing the calibration. Ie. confidence 100% but value shows 754 in a 7.0 solution. Do this imply that the apex thinks the solution is really 7.54 ph and that if I confirm the ph is going to be off. I ask be cause I tried to calibrate and when I did the 10.0 solution that value showed 995 when it gave me 100% and as soon a confirmed the ph showed 9.95 which was an odd coincidence That the number was the same minus the decimal. If there is a direct relationship, does that just imply the test was done wrong? The calibration solution is bad And that we really should be trying to see as close to 700 and 1000 after the 100% confidence is given

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi

Does anyone know when manually calibrating an apex PH probe if the value is an indication of the actual ph reading when performing the calibration. Ie. confidence 100% but value shows 754 in a 7.0 solution. Do this imply that the apex thinks the solution is really 7.54 ph and that if I confirm the ph is going to be off. I ask be cause I tried to calibrate and when I did the 10.0 solution that value showed 995 when it gave me 100% and as soon a confirmed the ph showed 9.95 which was an odd coincidence That the number was the same minus the decimal. If there is a direct relationship, does that just imply the test was done wrong? The calibration solution is bad And that we really should be trying to see as close to 700 and 1000 after the 100% confidence is given
It should be
There’s really good instructional videos on you tube

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back