Apex Programing for ATO emergency cutoff

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a break out box and am wanting to install a float switch as an emergency cutoff if my ATO pump were to fail. My tank is an all in one so my water level rises in the back compartment when my returns are off. I want to program it so it only cuts power to my ATO when my pumps are on to prevent it from power cycling every time I feed. There is also a lag time in between when my returns cut on and when the water in the back levels off. How would I program this?

Something like this for a virtual outlet then program the ATO outlet to turn off if the virtual outlet is on?

Fallback off
Set off
If switch1 closed then on
If output return off then off
Defer 002:00 then on

Thanks for the help!

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a break out box and am wanting to install a float switch as an emergency cutoff if my ATO pump were to fail. My tank is an all in one so my water level rises in the back compartment when my returns are off. I want to program it so it only cuts power to my ATO when my pumps are on to prevent it from power cycling every time I feed. There is also a lag time in between when my returns cut on and when the water in the back levels off. How would I program this?

Something like this for a virtual outlet then program the ATO outlet to turn off if the virtual outlet is on?

Fallback off
Set off

Thanks for the help!

You could put the code directly into your ATO output code.

Toward the bottom, add:

If switch1 CLOSED then OFF
If Output Return = OFF Then ON
Defer 002:00 Then ON

This will cut power to your ATO if the switch is closed, but only if the return pump is on.
After the ATO power is cut off for any reason, there will be a 2 minute delay before it turns back on.

OP
OP
intricate_reefer

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could put the code directly into your ATO output code.

Toward the bottom, add:

If switch1 CLOSED then OFF
If Output Return = OFF Then ON
Defer 002:00 Then ON

This will cut power to your ATO if the switch is closed, but only if the return pump is on.
After the ATO power is cut off for any reason, there will be a 2 minute delay before it turns back on.

Awesome thank you so much, I think I was over complicating it. If I wanted to set up an alarm to let me know if it was triggered I’d need a virtual outlet correct? Then code my alarm to be on if the virtual outlet was on

Coding for the virtual outlet?

I just don’t want it to trigger in between the time my return kicks on and the time it takes for the water to level off. Sorry I’m bad with all this coding stuff

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Close.
To get an alarm that doesn't go off whenever your returns are off or just turned back on, create this VO:

Set OFF
If Switch1 CLOSED Then ON
If Output Return = OFF Then OFF
Defer 002:00 Then OFF

Basically the inverse of the code you used in the ATO output.
Then reference that VO in your base_email alarm with:

If Output VO = ON Then ON

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back