Apex Ramping Powerheads not working

Morpheosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Octo Pulse 2 powerheads connected to the Apex 0-10v outlet. I am trying to get them to inversely ramp up and down every 30 seconds. I found a great example somewhere to achieve this by creating a virtual outlet that cycles on and off every 30 seconds, and then changing the profile on the two powerheads to a ramp up and ramp down profile based on that outlet. The two profiles I have are setup with a matching 30s ramp time, and go from 15% - 50%. The problem is, every time it switches profiles, the powerheads go to the minimum or maximum of that profile and stay there for the 30 seconds. The net effect is I appear to just be switching between 15% and 50% instead of ramping. I can see this on the octo pulse controllers - 1 light, then 5 lights, 30 seconds later they reverse. I can also detect it audibly from the pumps. I know the controller displays are accurate because if I change it to any other max percent on the ramp, the controller shows the proper number of lights, but again, no ramp.

Any idea why ramp is not ramping?

OP
OP
Morpheosz

Morpheosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never mind, found an answer on the Neptune forums, for anyone else baffled by this, my problem is that the ramp time is in minutes not seconds so I was "ramping" over 30 minutes vs 30 seconds.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back