Apex Ramping Powerheads not working

  • Thread starter Thread starter Morpheosz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Morpheosz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2021
Messages
342
Reaction score
212
Location
Minneapolis
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Octo Pulse 2 powerheads connected to the Apex 0-10v outlet. I am trying to get them to inversely ramp up and down every 30 seconds. I found a great example somewhere to achieve this by creating a virtual outlet that cycles on and off every 30 seconds, and then changing the profile on the two powerheads to a ramp up and ramp down profile based on that outlet. The two profiles I have are setup with a matching 30s ramp time, and go from 15% - 50%. The problem is, every time it switches profiles, the powerheads go to the minimum or maximum of that profile and stay there for the 30 seconds. The net effect is I appear to just be switching between 15% and 50% instead of ramping. I can see this on the octo pulse controllers - 1 light, then 5 lights, 30 seconds later they reverse. I can also detect it audibly from the pumps. I know the controller displays are accurate because if I change it to any other max percent on the ramp, the controller shows the proper number of lights, but again, no ramp.

Any idea why ramp is not ramping?
 
Never mind, found an answer on the Neptune forums, for anyone else baffled by this, my problem is that the ramp time is in minutes not seconds so I was "ramping" over 30 minutes vs 30 seconds.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new