Apex - Remind me to turn ATO back on?

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I often turn my ATO off when I'm doing certain maintenance tasks so I don't have to listen to it's alarm...and then I forget to turn it back on. It's probably something pretty simple, but is there a way to get the Apex to give me a shout, "Hey dummy, you forgot to turn the ATO back on when you finished fiddling around in the tank"?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Create a virtual output to act as a timer. In this example, the Alert_ATO virtual output will watch the ATK_Lo sensor, and if it remains OPEN (dry) for over 90 minutes, it will trigger an alarm to send you a notification:

[Alert_ATO]
Set OFF
If ATK_Lo OPEN Then ON
Defer 090:00 Then ON

[EmailAlm]
Set OFF
If Output Alert_ATO = ON Then ON

If you're not familiar with virtual outputs, see my tutorial here:

OP
OP
Calm Blue Ocean

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Create a virtual output to act as a timer. In this example, the Alert_ATO virtual output will watch the ATK_Lo sensor, and if it remains OPEN (dry) for over 90 minutes, it will trigger an alarm to send you a notification:

[Alert_ATO]
Set OFF
If ATK_Lo OPEN Then ON
Defer 090:00 Then ON

[EmailAlm]
Set OFF
If Output Alert_ATO = ON Then ON

If you're not familiar with virtual outputs, see my tutorial here:

This article not only answered my original question but so many others. Thank you for this!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a Sharpie and wrote ATO on my hoses. I was always forgetting to unplug it when removing water, for a water change. I plug the pump that pumps the new water in from Brute Container, in that Receptacle. So I have no problem remembering to plug it back in.

Back