Apex Salinity Probe - Problems?

Richmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've googled, a lot. My salinity probe won't calibrate. Here are the symptoms and what I've tried.

The acceptable range on automatic won't complete on automatic. When I try calibrating manually, the salinity is showing 670-690 when it's dry. The salinity is showing the same when the probe is unplugged.

I have restarted (multiple times). I also installed the new AOS firmware today, and for a few seconds the salinity actually read 0, but has since spiked. So even unplugged, the probe is showing 44-46 salinity.

I have put it the probe in tank water, in an effort to see if it would change readings and it shows the same 44-46 salinity.

I'm open to advice on how to fix this.

For anyone considering APEX Fusion, this experience alone has 100% turned me off their products. My GHL, while a bit less intuitive in the initial setup, is CONSIDERABLY BETTER IN EVERY IMAGINABLE WAY. #regret

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Somewhat well know the Salinity probes aren’t the best on the Apex. I stopped using mine but salinity monitoring was not why I went with the Apex. I believe someone just introduced a new product at RAP that helps the probe to read consistently and more accurately.

Why not just go back to GHL if you’re so unhappy?

OP
OP
R

Richmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somewhat well know the Salinity probes aren’t the best on the Apex. I stopped using mine but salinity monitoring was not why I went with the Apex. I believe someone just introduced a new product at RAP that helps the probe to read consistently and more accurately.

Why not just go back to GHL if you’re so unhappy?
I have GHL on all 4 of my other tanks. I wanted to give APEX a try, and after spending $1500 on parts I'd rather not just junk it.

OP
OP
R

Richmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fun fact update: I've unplugged all the probes, in an effort to stop any potential interference. Every single value is updating, as if the probe is plugged in. What is this nonsense?!?!

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fun fact update: I've unplugged all the probes, in an effort to stop any potential interference. Every single value is updating, as if the probe is plugged in. What is this nonsense?!?!
Just guessing but are all modules and Apex up to date? I know there was a new update this weekend but I haven’t installed it yet. You can also reach out to their support. I had a similar issue with my PH probe early on and they walked me through the fix - even though I purchase mine used.

OP
OP
R

Richmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just guessing but are all modules and Apex up to date? I know there was a new update this weekend but I haven’t installed it yet. You can also reach out to their support. I had a similar issue with my PH probe early on and they walked me through the fix - even though I purchase mine used.
Everything is updated and current. I submitted a support ticket, but this is beyond frustrating.

Back