Apex sensor programming help

quibimwe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
can you please advise me on how to shut down all apex systems if my sensor detects water?
THank you very much!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to add a line of code to each output that you want to turn off:

If LeakSensorName CLOSED Then OFF

Each of these outputs needs to be set to the “Advanced” Control Type. If you’re not familiar with this, see my tutorial on Apex Control Types here:

And check out my whole series of Apex tutorials for more tips and programming examples:

OP
OP
Q

quibimwe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to add a line of code to each output that you want to turn off:

If LeakSensorName CLOSED Then OFF

Each of these outputs needs to be set to the “Advanced” Control Type. If you’re not familiar with this, see my tutorial on Apex Control Types here:

And check out my whole series of Apex tutorials for more tips and programming examples:

Thank you very much!
is there a way to shut down the actual power bar?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much!
is there a way to shut down the actual power bar?
The only way to do that would be to have the EnergyBar plugged into some other controllable outlet, and if you wanted the Apex to control that outlet as well, it would need to be another EnergyBar, so it's not a very good solution.

You may be able to find some other sort of 3rd-party water leak sensor-controlled outlet. Keep in mind, if you power off the EnergyBar and there's no other source of power for your Apex, the Apex itself will also go offline and you'd have no way to monitor or control other Apex devices on your aquarium, such as powerheads for water movement.

OP
OP
Q

quibimwe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way to do that would be to have the EnergyBar plugged into some other controllable outlet, and if you wanted the Apex to control that outlet as well, it would need to be another EnergyBar, so it's not a very good solution.

You may be able to find some other sort of 3rd-party water leak sensor-controlled outlet. Keep in mind, if you power off the EnergyBar and there's no other source of power for your Apex, the Apex itself will also go offline and you'd have no way to monitor or control other Apex devices on your aquarium, such as powerheads for water movement.
Very good point!
Thank you !!!!!!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 25 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 95 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back