Apex programming help

CSremo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this has been covered somewhere but it seems there are things that are sightly different about this situation to others’ and I can’t seem to find the answers.

I have installed some non contact sensors by using some information on a thread here. They are installed at the top of my a
ATO and salt reservoirs.
I also have apex solenoids installed to my 24v dc outputs on the EB8.
I would like to be able to rely on these sensors to shut off the solenoids if they are triggered.
The sensors are working and reporting open/closed but the programming is something I am new at.
The ATO Ssensor is named ATO_HI, salt is SALT_Hi. Solenoids are H2O_main, ATO_valve, SALT_valve.
Any help would be appreciated!

OP
OP
CSremo

CSremo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We need more idea of what you want the solenoids to do and when
Basically I want to turn on the solenoids manually but have the sensors as a failsafe to make sure they turn off. Whenever one of the sensors senses water it shuts off l the valves.

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sorry if this has been covered somewhere but it seems there are things that are sightly different about this situation to others’ and I can’t seem to find the answers.

I have installed some non contact sensors by using some information on a thread here. They are installed at the top of my a
ATO and salt reservoirs.
I also have apex solenoids installed to my 24v dc outputs on the EB8.
I would like to be able to rely on these sensors to shut off the solenoids if they are triggered.
The sensors are working and reporting open/closed but the programming is something I am new at.
The ATO Ssensor is named ATO_HI, salt is SALT_Hi. Solenoids are H2O_main, ATO_valve, SALT_valve.
Any help would be appreciated!
In ato valve
Fallback off
Set on
If ATO Sensor = high then off

This would turn the ato valve on and anytime the sensor goes high it will turn it off. You can adjust accordingly based on how you want it to work. The others will have the same format.

If you want to manually turn them on and have a failsafe then you need to create a virtual outlet let’s call it atoOn

Then it would be

Fallback off
Set off
If outlet atoOn = on then on

This will set the solenoid to off. Turn it on when atoOn is switched to on but override it and turn it off if the sensor goes high.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In ato valve
Fallback off
Set on

This would turn the ato valve on and anytime the sensor goes high it will turn it off. You can adjust accordingly based on how you want it to work. The others will have the same format.

If you want to manually turn them on and have a failsafe then you need to create a virtual outlet let’s call it atoOn

Then it would be

Fallback off
Set off

This will set the solenoid to off. Turn it on when atoOn is switched to on but override it and turn it off if the sensor goes high.
I concur, the only thing I would add is a WHEN statement in the virtual outlet atoOn, and have is set slightly longer than what you'd expect it to take to fill the ato and have it shut off with the sensor.

Set ON
When On > 050:00 Then OFF

This will act as a failsafe as well as flip the virtual outlet to off after it's done.

OP
OP
CSremo

CSremo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In ato valve
Fallback off
Set on

Then it would be

Fallback off
Set off

Ok, so to be clear
- create virtual output called ATo_On
- in the programming put:

1 Fallback off
2 Set off
3 If ATO_valve = on then on
4 If ATO_HI = high then off
5 When On > 050:00 Then OFF

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so to be clear

1 Fallback off
2 Set off
No... you can't have that When statement there. you'll need to create a virtual outlet...

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok, so to be clear

1 Fallback off
2 Set off
If you want it to shut off when on longer than XX:XX time then yes.

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No... you can't have that When statement there. you'll need to create a virtual outlet...
Why not? It should work. He can’t add it to the virtual outlet because he is sliding the virtual outlet to “on” not auto and will then override his when statement. The when statement will not move the slide back from “on”

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not? It should work. He can’t add it to the virtual outlet because he is sliding the virtual outlet to “on” not auto and will then override his when statement. The when statement will not move the slide back from “on”
Since the user wants to trigger the event manually I would use the virtual outlet as my trigger to manually set the solenoid to open.

Since he has 3 24v outlets being used, let's create the 2 virtual outlets first.

Create 2 virtual outlets, name them:

VIR_FILL_ATO
and
VIR_FILL_SALT.

For virtual outlet:
VIR_FILL_ATO:

Set ON

For virtual outlet:
VIR_FILL_SALT

Set ON

For the outlet:
ATO_valve:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Output VIR_FILL_ATO = ON Then ON
If ATO_HI Closed Then OFF

For the outlet:
SALT_valve:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Output VIR_FILL_SALT = ON Then ON
If SALT_Hi Closed Then OFF

For the outlet:
H2O_main:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Output ATO_valve = ON Then ON
If Output SALT_valve = ON Then ON

This way of doing it allows the actual outlets to remain in AUTO and allows you to add more code to them in the future.

The event is only triggered when one of the virtual outlets are slid from OFF to AUTO. Then based on the time in the WHEN statement, the virtual outlet will toggle the slider to OFF.

And in the future, if he wants to be more creative, he can add time statements in the 24v outlets that will automatically turn on and fill the reservoirs while still relying on the sensors to shut everything down when they close.

OP
OP
CSremo

CSremo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the user wants to trigger the event manually I would use the virtual outlet as my trigger to manually set the solenoid to open.

Since he has 3 24v outlets being used, let's create the 2 virtual outlets first.

VIR_FILL_ATO
and
VIR_FILL_SALT.

For virtual outlet:
VIR_FILL_ATO:

Set ON

For virtual outlet:
VIR_FILL_SALT

Set ON

For the outlet:
ATO_valve:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF

For the outlet:
SALT_valve:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF

For the outlet:
H2O_main:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF

This way of doing it allows the actual outlets to remain in AUTO and allows you to add more code to them in the future.

The event is only triggered when one of the virtual outlets are slid from OFF to AUTO. Then based on the time in the WHEN statement, the virtual outlet will toggle the slider to OFF.

And in the future, if he wants to be more creative, he can add time statements in the 24v outlets that will automatically turn on and fill the reservoirs while still relying on the sensors to shut everything down when they close.
Thanks a ton for this. I’ll get this set up and touch base again. I have a few other things I will want to do also, and a problem with the ato sensors in my sump. Appreciate you all

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he is sliding the virtual outlet to “on” not auto
Here's a funny anecdote. I have access to quite a few fusion accounts from friends to fellow hobbyist all over.

One thing that makes my eye twitch is looking at the dashboard and seeing a bunch of outlets toggled to ON. My comment is always along the lines of, why not just plug it into the wall then?

OP
OP
CSremo

CSremo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

VIR_FILL_ATO
and
VIR_FILL_SALT.

For virtual outlet:
VIR_FILL_ATO:

Set ON

For virtual outlet:
VIR_FILL_SALT

Set ON

For the outlet:
ATO_valve:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF

For the outlet:
SALT_valve:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF

For the outlet:
H2O_main:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF

Works like a charm!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back