Apex solenoid CO2 Scrubber

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the 2, you are doing it less frequently and still only emptying/refilling one at a time. Position 1 moves to position 2. Position 2 is emptied/refilled and takes the place of position 1. Squeezes more out of the canister by letting it scrub whatever the first one didn't.

I see. However still requires an action to refill and switch positions. Wondering if a single larger can would last longer and require less touching. =) Lazy reefer!

bg2311

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could setup several canisters with solenoids or motorized ball valves and only change all of them out once in a blue moon. Would be $ and you would need space to put them all but the Apex could switch which one it's using.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That 7.8-8.01 is right about where mine was pre-scrubber. I don't have mine recirculating from skimmer yet. Rather it's hanging freely which I know will consume media, but pH range is now ~8.0-8.18 which is an improvement. Not in the 8.2-8.4 year. However I am doing a single BRS scrubber. Maybe a dual or larger one will give me that extra boost.

Separate question w/o hijacking this thread for @powers2001 . Can you point me to instructions on how to Icecap gyre to Apex feed? I had my 4ks working fine w/ the Apex Feed A before the Hydros app decided to update itself months back, so I know it works. Just have to redo my configs somehow between Apex program and Hydro voltage.
@Saltyanimals check out the Coralvue channel on YouTube. There is a whole playlist of 8 videos there on connecting dual icecap wifi gyres controller to Apex.

WestMI-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using one of these three way motorized ball valves with the Apex 24v port on our 200 gallon mixed reef:

Adapted it to the 3/8" tubing size I needed for the CO2 scrubbers. These valves are not full-bore inside so I went slightly larger then used a PVC fitting (for ease of threading) and stainless steel reducers for each side. It either pulls fresh air in from outside through the 2 BRS CO2 scrubbers into the skimmer, or when the PH hits the upper limit set in the Apex (8.35 right now), it rotates and just pulls fresh air in bypassing the CO2 scrubbers. No recirculation. I haven't had to change the media once yet and it's been running almost 2 months now. Added the 2nd canister in line with the first about 3 weeks ago. The plan is to rotate them to maximize the media life. Using Icecap media.

PXL_20210613_010648937.jpg

PXL_20210527_201210724.jpg

Day/night swing below. It could go higher than 8.35 if desired.

Screenshot_20210704-000558~2.png

Hey I am attempting to emulate your set up (looks great!) can you explain how to wire the solenoid to the eb832 24v port? I see you have the connector that BRS sells, as I understand this is basically just an extension and I could just wire the solenoid direct to the 24vport? I have zero knowledge of wiring or electrical so this is the part that Im hung up on. I see the solenoid has 4 wires (black, white, red, green) but the BRS connection wire only has red and black, how are these actually wired to provide prower from the 24v port? Ive never used those ports and don’t understand how to get bare wires connected to it, but would rather use this set up and free up an outlet open on the power bar

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back