Apex Switches - Only 6?

RLucas50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been researching this for a couple of days including the Neptune forum and can't find a way to add more than 6 switches (mechanical, not optical) to the Apex. I have a BOB but have more than 6 switches to add. A couple are flip (off/on), 2 more are momentary, and 5 are float switches for AO level, dosing container levels, etc.
I don't see a module to add other than the FMM which will handle more optical switches but not mechanical. What am I missing? Or is it just not possible with the Apex?

OP
OP
RLucas50

RLucas50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, missed that the PMx's have an IO! Seems like overkill just to add a couple more switches but don't see another way.
Thanks!!

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I really wish they included IO in the FMM. Have the same problem where I want to add sensors to my dosing containers but an extra $130 makes it a difficult sell. I'll probably just make another wiring harness to turn my DOS into a optical sensor input.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, missed that the PMx's have an IO! Seems like overkill just to add a couple more switches but don't see another way.
Thanks!!
Do you "need" physical switches or could you use virtual outlets? Six is a lot as it is to run without having any other PMxs. What are you using your existing switches for and what are you trying to add/do?

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I really wish they included IO in the FMM. Have the same problem where I want to add sensors to my dosing containers but an extra $130 makes it a difficult sell. I'll probably just make another wiring harness to turn my DOS into a optical sensor input.
There is a reason they switched the switch inputs on the FMM (pun intended). They also do not advertise the BOB. If you can just use $1.00 switches from Amazon then why would you purchase their $24-30 optical switches?

OP
OP
RLucas50

RLucas50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you "need" physical switches or could you use virtual outlets? Six is a lot as it is to run without having any other PMxs. What are you using your existing switches for and what are you trying to add/do?
The OFF/ON switches are for Maintenance (water changes, etc.) and Emergency Shutdown. Momentary switches are for a couple of Feed Modes. Yes, I could use the built-in feed modes but don't always have my phone handy and is more of a hassle to drop everything, start the app, then select a Feed Mode. Push button switch is a lot handier.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back