Apex temp probe problems!

Tikosyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My temperature probe is really acting strange lately. It currently says my tank is 82.7 degrees but a thermapen I have says my tank is 74. I don't know what to believe right now and am started to freak out a bit because these are two extremes. What do i believe? I have purchased another temp probe but obviously it won't be here for at least 4-5 days. The tank is located in the basement and the AC has been on and off running for the past few days, it is not hot down here.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you have one of these, but it's my gold star standard that I use for calibrating all other electronic probes etc.. So far it's served me very well.

sean151

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trust the thermapen as long as it still is within calibration (ambient air or the ice test). Double check your probe wires are away from power wires and definitely not running parallel.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For next time have more than one temp sensor on the system if possible. That way you have a backup and with your thermapen you will have three readings. Two should be close. Go with the two that are close when there is a error in one.

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you install the latest update last week? I received 2 updates last week. The first caused my temp probe to read off and then the 2nd update fixed it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back