Apex + Trident Users Running Mixed Network Setups, Question About Local LAN Communication

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reef Trak
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reef Trak

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2024
Messages
251
Reaction score
214
Location
Rochester
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been working on integrating local LAN communication with Neptune Apex controllers in order to bring Trident test results and probe data into an external logging environment automatically rather than manually transcribing results after each test cycle.


Because Neptune does not expose a public cloud API for third party integrations, everything has to occur across the local network, which introduces a lot of variability depending on controller generation, firmware revision, wired vs wireless connections, and Energy Bar configuration.

On my own system this is working consistently, but before I finalize broader support for it I am trying to get a better sense of how different Apex environments behave when queried locally from another device on the network.


If you are currently running an Apex with a Trident, especially in a mixed wired or mesh network environment, I would be interested in comparing notes on:

Controller model
Firmware version
Network topology
Wired vs wireless base unit
Energy Bar mix
Any VLAN or guest network segmentation


Reply below if you are open to helping validate this across a few different Apex setups and I can follow up via DM.

As a small thank you for anyone who helps compare notes on their setup, I will send one participant from this round a custom Trident shell that I designed for my own system once this wraps up in a couple of weeks.

Appreciate any insight from fellow Apex users running different controller and network configurations.
 
Consider posting this on Aquarium Controller forum. I can bump this for you.

In deep water drilling, we used laptaps as LAN. THEN we used generic hardware as end devices.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new