Apex/Tunze warranty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CJS80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased 2 new stream 3 pumps to use on my new tank setup, and was thinking of buying an Apex. The question I have and haven't seen answered is weather using the Apex will void the warranty. The manual says no 3rd party controllers, but pumps are marketed as Apex ready. One of the key reasons I chose these pumps was the 5yr warranty, so I don't want to lose it. Any info/experience would be much appreciated.

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a really good question, I suspect this would need an email to Tunze to get a real answer in writing from them.

HOOPDEEZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What they don’t tell you, is that the apex will only run the pumps at a minimum of 35%, anything lower and it will simply turn off. This makes the tunze useless for my situation, very disappointing, I don’t consider that apex compatible, most of the time I don’t want over 35% (dusk/dawn/night).I can’t run them on my apex without creating stress or having the setting below 35% aka off,so I don’t. Glad I bought them for that purpose!:rolleyes:

OP
OP
C

CJS80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What they don’t tell you, is that the apex will only run the pumps at a minimum of 35%, anything lower and it will simply turn off.

I have a 72'' long tank so 35% is low enough for me. What I would like using the Apex for is for a longer time than 10s between cycles.

Seeady66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have any Tunze dc pump with 7090 controller you can drop speed to 20% if yours are turning of at 35% you need to calibrate your controller Adrian

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, Apex did not update there settings for pumps made since 2015 when the control signal changed, so the calibration is the fix. It would not implicitly void the warranty unless there is proof the Apex was the cause, for example the Apex fried out and other equipment was damaged as well.

OP
OP
C

CJS80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would not implicitly void the warranty unless there is proof the Apex was the cause, for example the Apex fried out and other equipment was damaged as well.

Thank you. I just want to be able to vary the flow patterns a bit more than the basic controller allows you to do.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 21 16.8%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 53 42.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.8%
Back