Apex VDM connection: Do I need an Icecap module if I have the Advanced Controller

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to be able to either slow down or stop my maxspect gyre with the Apex VDM during feeding. Do I need an Icecap module or can I connect the advanced controller XF230 directly to the VDM?

OP
OP
kinetic

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to be able to either slow down or stop my maxspect gyre with the Apex VDM during feeding. Do I need an Icecap module or can I connect the advanced controller XF230 directly to the VDM?

Also answered me already, you must have the Icecap module to connect the gyre pump to the Apex VDM. The advanced controller will not do it.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also answered me already, you must have the Icecap module to connect the gyre pump to the Apex VDM. The advanced controller will not do it.
+1, shame they won't incorporate it in the new controller.

OP
OP
kinetic

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1, shame they won't incorporate it in the new controller.
True, though I think it sort of defeats the purpose. You can do everything already on the advanced controller, so other than syncing it with the rest of your system (which is important I guess), it doesn't serve a good purpose to hook up to the Apex. I guess getting the Icecap module would have been the way to go for me, since I run the Apex Jr.. But I just went ahead and got the advanced controller. Oh well! The advanced controller is really nice.

I'll control the pump with a power outlet from a Neptune EB4, so that'll have to do.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back