APEX vs Inkbird

Crytpotank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a brand new Apex that has its temperature probe and a recently purchased Inkbird thermostat controller from BRS that has two temperature probes. The Apex temp is about .5-1 degree off compared to the Inkbird reading. What device to trust?

Example
Apex = 79.2
Inkbird = 78.4

lelandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way here’s a thread I posted about the difference in temperature range and location of the various temperature probes

chris k.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple thermometers to verify the temp. On my inkbird the temp was adjustable. I set the heater thermostat and plugged it into the inkbird and set the inkbird high temp shutoff. Then plugged the inkbird into the apex and set another high temp shutoff. Example i set the heater to 78 then set high temp shutoff on inkbird to 78.5 then set apex to 79. This way you have 2 high temp shutoffs.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolute accuracy isn’t really necessary, so given how close they are, doesn’t really matter which one you ‘trust’. Precision is more important anyhow, and there I’d be more inclined to follow apex. Older inkbirds were notorious for drifting. Perhaps the newer ones with the better probes aren’t as bad.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back