Inkbird temp probe location.

lelandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two heaters run by an inkbird controller with an Apex back up. I didn’t like the temperature swings the tank had throughout the day, it was more than 1°. I moved both inkbird temperature probes to be right next to the Apex temperature probe and now there‘s alittle less range, just an observation, see temp graph
Image-1.jpg

lafarrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one temp probe right after the crash box in with my red ogo. The second one is on the rear of the skimmer chamber right before it flows through the marine pure balls and carbon filter headed to the return pump. The final probe is the kill switch in the return chamber that alerts with temp swings. I have the two heaters in the skimmer chamber - one on front wall other on back. My temp has remained fairly stable.

Cavalina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed the a new InkBird on my 75 gallon. I have to admit, I hate the suction cups on the temp probes. Seems like it is just a question of time before they become undone and the probes float to the water surface. That said, is there a strategy to the probes securely in place? For one of the probes I put it through some live rock rubble, and hopefully that will keep it in place in my fuge. For the second, near my skimmer, I'm going to explore a magnet I think.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back