Apex wifi 2016 NEW not so much...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

sergebmw2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really dont want to do this but.... long story short my apex brain died after 2 months of use and Neptune systems said it's most likely hardware.. ok so opening a RMA... ordered a brand New brain not under warranty replacement and this is what I get...... ARE YOU KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!

NO WAY IS THIS NEW!!!!
20190605_134036.jpeg
20190605_134136.jpeg

Last edited:

Reefiness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think anyone who has ordered from that retailers before can tell exactly who it is from the screen shot.

Unfortunately that isn't something they are able to control as they don't open every new box to inspect them otherwise they would need to sell all their stock as open box haha.

In your case I think it is in fact a new device. I see the problems you're pointing at where the gray coating is warn away, but if you look at the box you can see the gray coating rubbed off on the box.

Seems like an issue with the way Neptune packaged the product.

Ift there was was nothing between the brain unit and the cardboard, the abrasiveness of the cardboard would make quick work of any colored coating in contact with it as the box as is rattled through out it's life in the shipping network.

OP
OP
sergebmw2

sergebmw2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think anyone who has ordered from that retailers before can tell exactly who it is from the screen shot.

Unfortunately that isn't something they are able to control as they don't open every new box to inspect them otherwise they would need to sell all their stock as open box haha.

In your case I think it is in fact a new device. I see the problems you're pointing at where the gray coating is warn away, but if you look at the box you can see the gray coating rubbed off on the box.

Seems like an issue with the way Neptune packaged the product.

Ift there was was nothing between the brain unit and the cardboard, the abrasiveness of the cardboard would make quick work of any colored coating in contact with it as the box as is rattled through out it's life in the shipping network.
Totally agree with you, iam in no way blaming them for the fact it came in this way. But Neptune systems needs to maybe think about putting it in a box with foam sides or something.

It's new I confirmed it with them just very disappointed with Neptune for a little lack of packaging sense we are after all paying over $400 for something so small.

The place that sold it to me is making it right and I really appreciate that.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back