Apex wifi

slimneo23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there an easy and inexpensive way to make my apex wifi capable? I use only wireless internet. My Internet comes from all cellular. I do have a router . But it seems as if the router would require an Internet connection to access the apex. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, my only goal here is to access the apex so regardless the path, I'm willing to travel it.

Thank you

Porsche

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to get a WiFi extender like a net gear one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgear-n300-wireless-n-repeater-and-range-extender-black/7532047.p?id=1219680112634&skuId=7532047&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=5934b0c4-1325-447d-b6d6-908ebc56bee0&ksprof_id=401&ksaffcode=pg83923&ksdevice=m

I'd love to get an apex but how ridiculously expensive it is I can justify buying it then having to make another purchase to make it wifi capable. You would think apex could integrate wifi or Bluetooth within it. He'll AI prime found a way to do it sure it can't be that difficult.

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can make it wireless, for day to day use, with something like a netgear wn3000rp which is a wifi extender with a single cable port that can plug to apex. I use one for a variety of utilities and they are great but you cannot do firmware upgrades with it. Firmware updates are unreliable on the old Apex units (classic/gold etc) using anything but hardwire. Read the warnings as you may brick your unit. Me personally I use hardwired.

The other option is to get the new apex with wireless that will allow you to do updates. From what I have seen though a lot of people are having issues with its wireless.

OP
OP
slimneo23

slimneo23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was shocked to see it didn't have wifi capabilities when I first got it a couple years back. Using the control module is clunky, I believe the software to be a little clunky too but let's me do amazing things so the result is solid. I knew of this method but was hoping a way was possible. One that didn't take another 30 bucks. Thank you very much of course for your answers. Confirmed what I believed to be the way I'd be going.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 166 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back