Apex with Trigger Systems Platinum

Fastpitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone here programmed their Apex to run the fleece roller on a trigger systems platinum sump?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Trigger Platinum 34 sump with the fleece roller, and it's plugged into my Apex EnergyBar. However, I only have it programmed to turn off the roller during Feed cycles or during maintenance when the water level will be high so it doesn't accidentally burn through extra fleece. Technically, the Trigger should automatically do this when the return chamber float is activated, but having the Apex cut the power guarantees it won't run.

In order for the Apex to fully control the roller motor, you'd have to rewire the motor so it doesn't use the built-in float switches. I decided I didn't want to go that far.

OP
OP
Fastpitch

Fastpitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Trigger Platinum 34 sump with the fleece roller, and it's plugged into my Apex EnergyBar. However, I only have it programmed to turn off the roller during Feed cycles or during maintenance when the water level will be high so it doesn't accidentally burn through extra fleece. Technically, the Trigger should automatically do this when the return chamber float is activated, but having the Apex cut the power guarantees it won't run.

In order for the Apex to fully control the roller motor, you'd have to rewire the motor so it doesn't use the built-in float switches. I decided I didn't want to go that far.
Good feedback. I thought that if I put the float a little deeper than an Apex optical sensor, I could use the FMM to control power to the roller. That was I could trigger running the roller remotely. But I cant seem to get the programming right.

RickVan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed the motor upgrade kit on a Sapphire 39, so there are now optical sensors and it is supposed to be able to be controlled by an Apex unit. Trigger has no instructions or videos yet for it. Has anyone else upgraded to this? Have you come up with a connection to the Apex along with some programming to run it and to avoid the whole roll running out problem?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back