API AquaSpin Tests Aquarium Water With Built-In Photometer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The API Aquaspin is an exciting new device designed to automatically test aquarium water. Details about the Aquaspin are extremely scant, no website, no social media posts and even the video is unlisted, but we can glean enough about it to get excited. The first striking point about the API Aquaspin is that it isn’t geared […]
Source

Continue reading...

nyghtdancyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The API Aquaspin is an exciting new device designed to automatically test aquarium water. Details about the Aquaspin are extremely scant, no website, no social media posts and even the video is unlisted, but we can glean enough about it to get excited. The first striking point about the API Aquaspin is that it isn’t geared […]
Source

Continue reading...
Here is a picture of the unit working.
0648EBE9-712C-4F84-B023-A7890C00FDF1.png

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This or trident?
They are very different products so it's hard to know what kind of comparison you expect. The Trident makes automatic measurements of 3 parameters, and since it's tied to an Apex controller you can use the results to control dosers or calcium reactors or whatever. The AquaSpin is a standalone device that requires you to manually fill up a sample disc with water, and then displays results for 8 different parameters, so it's more like automating a bunch of test kits or Hanna checkers.

Sabina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Source

Continue reading...
API discusses the new aqua spin with SCMAS reef club

Sabina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do I buy this can you let me know
It’s currently being marketed to fish stores. I think it’s pretty $$$ their goal is to have fish stores help hobbist better. If your a store I’m sure API Would be happy to sell it to you. Probably over $1000 (I’m not sure of price).

Last edited:

darkblack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like Lamotte has the same device for over $300 cheaper. I bet their disk are cheaper too. What I don't understand is why API call this their invention and selling it for a lot more.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

ben5impson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like Lamotte has the same device for over $300 cheaper. I bet their disk are cheaper too. What I don't understand is why API call this their invention and selling it for a lot more.

I was under the impression that the aquaspin was a version of this device for aquarium use and this was for hotels and such

Back