API general cure on QT tank!

mooputingtong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i started treating api general cure on my baby hippo tang after he was scratching his body repeatedly the entire day.

The next day hes still scratching his body and i noticed there is minor open sores below his eye, exactly the same part he was scratching.

Now Im not sure if api gc caused his sores or its some kinds of chemical reaction after adding api gc. Im worried it will get worse and im wondering if i will need another bacterial infection

treatment with cupramine for ich and other parasites.

Other than those symptoms above all of my fish is healthy eating well.( 2 clown fish, 1 ywg, 1 clown goby and hippo tang).

OP
OP
mooputingtong

mooputingtong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i started treating api general cure on my baby hippo tang after he was scratching his body repeatedly the entire day.

The next day hes still scratching his body and i noticed there is minor open sores below his eye, exactly the same part he was scratching.

Now Im not sure if api gc caused his sores or its some kinds of chemical reaction after adding api gc. Im worried it will get worse and im wondering if i will need another bacterial infection

treatment with cupramine for ich and other parasites.
API gc is for parasites/worms/brook/urenoma not bacterial infection I believe

what size is the QT?
how was the QT cycled?
what type of aeration is in the QT?
15 gallon tank
It was acutally regular nano tank but recently converted to QT. Its been cycled for 8 months now.
i use power head for aeration and thought of using skimmer for more oxygen, but will skimmer skim all that medicine?

i heard api gc doesnt cure ich so as soon as im done with api gc treatment, i will do cupramine for ich.

ReefLab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15 gallon tank
It was acutally regular nano tank but recently converted to QT. Its been cycled for 8 months now.
i use power head for aeration and thought of using skimmer for more oxygen, but will skimmer skim all that medicine?

i heard api gc doesnt cure ich so as soon as im done with api gc treatment, i will do cupramine for ich.
I would use the skimmer but tune it so that it doesn’t actually remove anything while you are treating.
Do you have a pic of the injury/infection?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back