API & Hanna Kits Test Tube Holder

Gil R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I created a 3D printed test tube rack and wanted to share it with the community. I designed it to hold my test kit hardware to make it easier to collect the samples, test the water, carry the test tubes and cuvettes to the sink, hang it on the sink and keep everything safe, wash the hardware, and leave in the rack to dry hanging on the back of the tank where it inconspicuous but easy to reach. Saves me a lot of time, and has saved me from breaking several tubes and cuvettes.

The Test Tube holder & drying rack is for the API Saltwater Master Test Kit & 3 Hanna Test Kits. Designed for 4 x 5 ml API test tubes, 3 x Hanna 10 ml Cuvettes, 2 x 1 ML syringe tips, 1 x 0.01 ml syringe tip. Hangs on a standard Top Fin Bow Front, or any flat aquarium. Designed with top and bottom retainers to keep the containers upright and secure, and a lip to contain liquid spills.

Hope it makes your life easier.

IMG_3771.JPG IMG_3772.JPG IMG_3773.JPG

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I created a 3D printed test tube rack and wanted to share it with the community. I designed it to hold my test kit hardware to make it easier to collect the samples, test the water, carry the test tubes and cuvettes to the sink, hang it on the sink and keep everything safe, wash the hardware, and leave in the rack to dry hanging on the back of the tank where it inconspicuous but easy to reach. Saves me a lot of time, and has saved me from breaking several tubes and cuvettes.

The Test Tube holder & drying rack is for the API Saltwater Master Test Kit & 3 Hanna Test Kits. Designed for 4 x 5 ml API test tubes, 3 x Hanna 10 ml Cuvettes, 2 x 1 ML syringe tips, 1 x 0.01 ml syringe tip. Hangs on a standard Top Fin Bow Front, or any flat aquarium. Designed with top and bottom retainers to keep the containers upright and secure, and a lip to contain liquid spills.

Clever.

This looks well thought out. Was there a prototype or two before hand? Photography is wonderful too.

OP
OP
Gil R

Gil R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clever.

This looks well thought out. Was there a prototype or two before hand? Photography is wonderful too.
Greetings; this was my first shot at it. I took a lot of measurements and modeled the test tubes and cuvettes, took a measurement or two on the syringe tips, etc. to make sure they would slide in and out and would be in a good position to be picked up (finger widths, longest to shortest back to front, etc. to make it easy to use). I've been using it for a while before I uploaded to make sure it worked well.

bravotango

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Would you be willing to share the STEP files?

Bryan

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back