API Test Kit Expiration

Do you use expired API test kits?


  • Total voters
    5

GSPClown94

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2018
Messages
658
Reaction score
662
Location
VA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the API master saltwater test kit that expired in 2015. I know a new test kit is only about $30 but what are your thoughts and experiences on using an expired API test kits? What makes a test kit expire?
 
I have the API master saltwater test kit that expired in 2015. I know a new test kit is only about $30 but what are your thoughts and experiences on using an expired API test kits? What makes a test kit expire?

I frequently use the marine test strips and currently have some that expired in June 2017. i really only care about NO2 and NO3 readings and use these as more of a guide on whether or not i need to bust out the red sea drop kits, so i dont care if they are 6 months over.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new