APi test kit

  • Thread starter Thread starter dougzfresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dougzfresh

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2025
Messages
84
Reaction score
37
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are these just absolute trash?? i’m getting a .50 ammonia reading after a water change what do u guys think
 
Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate & PH work ok when cycling a tank in my opinion but for a running reef not so good. Where are you at with your tank?
 
i also have a seachem amonia alert that’s reading zero
 
Maybe try testing RODI to see if it shows anything? If it does, you know you have a bad test kit.
 
i got zero for the rodi, but also i did feed about 4-5 hours ago and cleaned up a bunch if waste. as in half silversides.
does it seem feedings can cause spikes ?
 
Feeding shouldn’t cause spikes in a mature reef tank. Did you by chance take out any bio-media?
 
I’m wondering if it is testing error for api. Sometimes api test will show a little bit of ammonia. I would compare it to some other test kits first.
 
how about seachem amonia alert? what do u guys recommend for amonia testing?
 
how about seachem amonia alert? what do u guys recommend for amonia testing?
I had a couple for free and added into my QT.
I believe its rated for up to 12 months and as long as the color yellow appears, no ammonia.
However, it was on my QT for 1.5 yr and the color stayed the same. I mean, there's no ammonia in my QT so.....
who knows.

I personally would not buy them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new