Apisto's Dark Blue

  • Thread starter Thread starter Apisto
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Apisto

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2010
Messages
171
Reaction score
61
Location
Sacramento
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, since I mentioned naming corals after Kurt Russell roles/films in the Reaver's Armadathread, I figured I better post at least one.

So, here is a coral that didn't start out quite as impressively, but turned out to be a beauty.

6 months


18 months. Looking kind of like a German Blue.


When I named it about a year ago, it had very dark blue polyps with a tight growth pattern made it look very dark under even my Halide. Recently, the polyps have gotten so dark that they look more black than blue. It is a very cool acro.
 
Reminds me a bit of RR The Vihn, different growth pattern but similar color and polyps. Your tank is bringing the heat.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new