Apitasia or something else?

Clown2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Not sure if this is Apitasia or something else, reason I think maybe something else is there are a couple of the back of my scoly totally covers it until lights out when it goes into feeding mode and there is one on a nearby alveolar frag and the polyps can touch it and do not retract.

However if it does turn out to be apitasia want to start to take action now while there are only a half dozen or so.

here is one under a frag plug.

3E4066C0-76C0-4329-81FE-95146CE72BA5.jpeg

OP
OP
Clown2020

Clown2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks

How bad are they? A quick google search make them out to be a major problem. However I’ve got a couple that are either cover by or touching coral polyps and the coral does not seem to care over a 2-3 week period.

don’t get me wrong I don’t want to let them over run my tank. But my main concern is stinging of coral. do they effect certain types of coral more than others?

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience is similar to yours. When I have had them in the past I didn't notice any damaging coral, but I read they are the Devil's spawn for some. I've had success with Aiptasia X and peppermint shrimps; other reefers report different experiences, btw.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 26 22.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 82 71.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back