Aplysilla rosea - do you have it?

mdpitts

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2023
Messages
470
Reaction score
422
Location
Austin, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been getting this stuff in my Fluval Evo 13 back chambers for a while now. All three of them. This stuff kind of grosses me out because it looks like sunburned skin with hair follicle goose bumps :face-with-hand-over-mouth:. Lately it has been spreading into my display and is growing rapidly on my little rockscape. Once in a while, I'll search for what type of sponge it might be and today after falling down wormholes I figured out it is - Aplysilla rosea. But no forums talk about it. Does anyone here have it and how do you feel about it? Any info appreciated. Below is a screenshot from the world wide web but I can take photos of my situation when I get off work.

Aplysilla Rosea.jpg
 
I have some growing on the base of a hammer coral. I think it is a pretty cool little filter feeder. Should be harmless?
I’m hoping it doesn’t try to take over. If it’s useful I guess I should learn to like the look of it :winking-face:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new