• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Apogee SQ-520 Par meter

PPPPPP42

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$350 shipped. This is the one that you plug into a laptop to use though there are other ways to use it as a logger stand alone.
I bought this when my wife first got her reef tank because the science of it was interesting to me and she had no clue where to place anything.
Now after getting stuck with too much of the work I hate fish, tanks or anything involved with it so I obviously don't need this anymore.
If you are local to the MN/WI border and want to pick this up in person I also have a fancy microscope I don't want (not shipping that).
I will just bubble wrap it in its own box and I am pretty sure there is a USPS flat rate box that this fits in.
I think it came with a CD which seems to have gotten lost but its obsolete now anyways and the current software is on their website to download.

IMG_1308.JPG

OP
OP
PPPPPP42

PPPPPP42

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to actually look to see when my first post here was because it was obviously after that. I don't actually know when I bought it but sometime in 2020.

OP
OP
PPPPPP42

PPPPPP42

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one:
I ordered a pack of the glass plates and cover slips too that will go with it.
If someone wants to pick it up for $100 you can have it, but I really want to avoid shipping it if at all possible (not even listed locally yet).
I do technically still have the double walled shipping box with foam insert but it has to be taken partially back apart to fit inside and I really prefer someone to be able to see it first so they know they are happy with it.
The only issue I can see with it is some dust that has worked its way into the light path somewhere despite it sitting on a shelf in my closet with its plastic cover over it and I don't want to make a mess trying to clean it. Its also made in China and it shows in its construction in little ways (sorry if that's insulting but there's no other way I can think of to convey it) It has a lot of features that would cost hundreds more in a better brand though.

Also I have someone offering $300 for the light meter and its going for that price tomorrow unless someone wants it for the full $350.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.5%
Back