App control vs Apex.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ann Enomy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ann Enomy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2019
Messages
109
Reaction score
102
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm upgrading my tank soon and have a very old energy bar (10+ yrs) that I am wondering about putting on the new tank due to it's age.

Nowadays most every aquarium device seems to have its own controller. Looking at my phone I have the red sea app, the Sicce app, the Mobius app, the reef factory app (RIP) The Apex Fusion app, The inkbird app and even the Blink app for video monitoring.

With all this, having Apex control at the outlet for a lot of devices seems to be redundant. I'm wondering if should I just get a regular weather resistant power strip for devices that have app control and pair it down to just 8 monitored/controlled outlets on the newer energy bar that came with my A2.

Other then the few thing that need to be turned off in case of PH swing or leak detection is there anything else I'm not thinking of that would justify replacing the old EB?
 
I'm upgrading my tank soon and have a very old energy bar (10+ yrs) that I am wondering about putting on the new tank due to it's age.

Nowadays most every aquarium device seems to have its own controller. Looking at my phone I have the red sea app, the Sicce app, the Mobius app, the reef factory app (RIP) The Apex Fusion app, The inkbird app and even the Blink app for video monitoring.

With all this, having Apex control at the outlet for a lot of devices seems to be redundant. I'm wondering if should I just get a regular weather resistant power strip for devices that have app control and pair it down to just 8 monitored/controlled outlets on the newer energy bar that came with my A2.

Other then the few thing that need to be turned off in case of PH swing or leak detection is there anything else I'm not thinking of that would justify replacing the old EB?
I'm hardly using my 832 outlets, I have my heater plugged in, T5s, UV and electronic valve for my scrubber. I use a MXM to control mobius stuff and the Apex has built in support for my Sicce skimmer pump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new