Appleton Area store for snails / crabs?

PrisonCityReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to get a couple critters for my CuC this weekend. Starting with just a couple snails and maybe a hermit.

Looking to get a couple dwarf ceriths, a couple nassarius, and a scarlet hermit. Any store better than another as far as labeling the critters appropriately? I'd rather not end up with a full-size cerith because the LFS employee doesn't think there is a difference.

crabbejoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's sad, but Aquatic Imports on 1117 N. Badger Avenue would probably be the only one that really knows what they're talking about. I don't know what kind of snails or crabs they have though. Otherwise good ol' liveaquaria.com, if you build your own CUC and spend over $60, it's free shipping.

jlinzmaier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In comparison to liveaquaria, reeftopia.com is far superior in invert availability and pricing. Spending $60 at reeftopia (including shipping) will get you 3-4 times as much as you'd get from LA.

Sounds like you only want a few of each so your best bet is to search the local stores. If you could get someone to go in on a group buy for reeftopia your cost would be quite minimal for what your interested in. Buying at a LFS you'll pay far more than even what LA has listed for prices.

Jeremy

OP
OP
PrisonCityReef

PrisonCityReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I have a hunch with the Nano I'll be sticking to local buys unless there are some really nice corals that catch my eye. No sense in paying $30 shipping for $10-$20 worth of critters.

Bri Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium Pets
702 Knapp St.
Oshkosh
(920) 230-6500

A bit closer to you and they always had a decent selection of CUC,
but after those two reasons the good news $tops.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 28.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.0%
Back