Snail and possible bubble algae advice please!

CarolineJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is almost 2 weeks old. My parameters are pH 8.1, Ammonia 0.03, nitrites 0, nitrates 0-5ppm(it's hard to discern the color). I started with live rock from my supply store as well as a couple prices of dry rock I bought and live sand. I have 2 clowns that appear happy and thriving. 1 zoa frag (I know I know, I've already been scolded enough for rushing, I get it) that arrived at 47 degrees that I'm fairy certain is dead. I'm definitely getting into the ugly stage and am planning on getting a couple Trochus snails and a couple Cerith snails to help clean up. I also ordered some copepods. I'm wondering if these snails would be good (I researched and I think they will) and also what the bubble looking stuff is on my rock? It looks like air bubbles trapped or something. I truly appreciate any help and advice! I do my research, but sometimes it's a bit overwhelming.

20240303_142505.jpg 20240303_142603.jpg 20240303_142518.jpg

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those bubbles are just bubbles, dinoflagellates often produce those. Get rid of the algae and the bubbles should go too.

As far as snails, trochus are the best I can recommend for algae. They’re relentless!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back