Aptasia growing w GSP

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mariette
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2019
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2,506
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how can I kill the aptasia without harming the GSP? Is that even possible? I have Aptasia X

B37090B5-6294-428C-A4DB-30BB4D488AA4.jpeg


image.jpg
 
I would take out the rock and scrub off the Aiptasia with a brush. That's what I did with a rock I had with Aiptasia and GSP.
 
Gsp is super resilient, I had to get some gsp off a rock (a very tiny amount) and it took a steel brush to get it off. So a toothbrush wont hurt :)

That’s both their curse and their selling point lol. On a semi unrelated topic, why is my GSP brown? Is it just the colour or lack of something?
 
That’s both their curse and their selling point lol. On a semi unrelated topic, why is my GSP brown? Is it just the colour or lack of something?
Could be your lighting, with blue light mine are green, with white like my are brown. Or you may have brown star polyps

20190702_224645.jpg


20190702_224637.jpg
 
Could be your lighting, with blue light mine are green, with white like my are brown. Or you may have brown star polyps

20190702_224645.jpg


20190702_224637.jpg

I have blue light. They’re not green under any light. I’m starting to think they are BSP. Didn’t know that was a thing ...
 
I have blue light. They’re not green under any light. I’m starting to think they are BSP. Didn’t know that was a thing ...
Bsp isnt really its own thing, gsp come in all shades randing from tan to green :) I've been told they turn brown when their zooxanthellae content is really low but that's hearsay. They will still grow healthy but might change color over time
 
Bsp isnt really its own thing, gsp come in all shades randing from tan to green :) I've been told they turn brown when their zooxanthellae content is really low but that's hearsay. They will still grow healthy but might change color over time

Interesting. Anything I can do to help increase its zoo content?
 
Interesting. Anything I can do to help increase its zoo content?
I'm no expert in this kind of thing at all. But sometimes when a coral is shocked it can experience low amounts of zooxanthellae. So it will probably change color given time
 
I'm no expert in this kind of thing at all. But sometimes when a coral is shocked it can experience low amounts of zooxanthellae. So it will probably change color given time

I did get it just a few weeks ago and it did arrive really stressed. Maybe it just needs time and proper care :)
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new