Aptasia keeping hammer closed

CMGcarolinas

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
48
Reaction score
17
Location
Columbia
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this aptasia, my hammer doesn't want to open much anymore and I felt it was on the verge to be healthy a split a few weeks ago.

IMG_20240315_131709.jpg 20240315_131553.jpg
 
The pictures are  very  fuzzy, but I don't believe it's aptasia, instead it looks more like brown jelly disease, but again, it's very, very hard to tell.
 
So I lost my patience and pulled it out and was going to razor it off, the 2 spots in question scraped right off....not sure what it was
 
So I lost my patience and pulled it out and was going to razor it off, the 2 spots in question scraped right off....not sure what it was
Can you put whatever it was in a container and take pictures of it?
 
Pineapple sponges, harmless filter feeders, also the hammer looks healthy to me, what did it look like before?
 
Pineapple sponges, harmless filter feeders, also the hammer looks healthy to me, what did it look like before?
It was just opening more. And yes I googled those and yes pineapple sponges look about right. Thanks all.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new