Aptasia X to remove unwanted polyps

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently seen that aptasia x can be used to remove unwanted polyps. I have a rather large colony of greenish brown protopalys right in the middle of my tank. Is this a good way to get rid of them?

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't work on my polyps. I tested it out on some green palys and they seemed to enjoy it like a tasty beverage. I've also heard it works on shrooms but it only makes mine mad for a few days.

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It only kills Aptasia for some reason .Weird science i guess.

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you want to kill them poor palys?

OP
OP
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there another way to get rid of them? I can not remove the rock.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you want to kill them poor palys?

I don't want to kill all of them, just most of them. They are smack dab in the middle of my tank and they are not a nice center piece. I'd rather get a nice acro frag or something colorful and BA to grow out there.

ColaAddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant even get it to kill aiptasia! They shrivel up and come back

Rydogg420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I dont think it will kill the polyps like you want it to. I honeslty do not like killing anything unless it is killing other corals or will do damage in some way to my tank. You need to think about what you want to grow in your tank before you add corals. This is like adding star polyps and then getting mad when they over grow and take over your tank. Think before hand and you wont have these issues.

But if you want to get rid of the polyps then get a razor blade and peel the polyps off the rock. This will take some time to do, but you can do it and save the polyps and give them away rather then kill some coral.

OP
OP
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I dont think it will kill the polyps like you want it to. I honeslty do not like killing anything unless it is killing other corals or will do damage in some way to my tank. You need to think about what you want to grow in your tank before you add corals. This is like adding star polyps and then getting mad when they over grow and take over your tank. Think before hand and you wont have these issues.

But if you want to get rid of the polyps then get a razor blade and peel the polyps off the rock. This will take some time to do, but you can do it and save the polyps and give them away rather then kill some coral.

These came in as a hitchhiker on a colony of eagle eyes, there was about three polyps in the center of about 40 eagle eyes. Making them difficult to remove from the rock Without destroying it. They have since grown over the top of the eagle eyes, killing all but three polyps and spread to epic proportions and are heading towards my blastos and pectina. The rock is at the bottom center of my gravity held pile, and can not be removed without taking out every other rock.

Last edited:

facade480

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is a little of topic but I have an aptasia in middle of a really nice purple orchid colony. If I use aptasia will it hurt the polyps at all? If so what do you guys recommend I use to kill it. Thx

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back