Aqamai kps/Hydor app issues

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone else having connectivity issues with their KPS? I recently had to swap over to the Hydor app from the aqamai app and went through the setup process only to get a blank device list as an option. Does anyone know the fix to this? Customer support is virtually none-existing with Hydor. I basically have a $100 brick stuck on super flow in a nano tank and my inhabitants hate it. AF1B368F-289D-4BBF-A33E-75EDC97B7D8D.jpeg

OP
OP
olonmv

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is going back to the old app an option?
No sir, I tried doin just that and after it loads up it tells me I have to use the Hydor app. The good news……I hope, is that I just got a response from Hydor and hopefully going through the process of sorting out the issue. I’ll keep this post updated.

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having the same issue. Just tried downloading the new app and I cannot even see the screen you have!!!
I cannot connect to the device after seeing the aqamai network on the wifi list

zoaprince

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I has issues too because I denied location permission. Once I enabled it, it was able to connect to the device. Why they need location permission is beyond me.

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This product is useless! Now i managed to get to the app and the device is blinking red at the bottom. Tried resetting it to no avail. Honestly this thing deserve to go to the garbage bin. I would prefer a jebao over it with less fiddling and headache. I wasted like 3 hours trying to get it t ok work in vein . Even when it worked I can hardly change the mode because it is so difficult to deal with that app interface.

OP
OP
olonmv

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one, just one response and all that was asked was which country I was emailing from lol. I’ll try the location thing when I get home this evening and update.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked my kamoer app and thank G it still works. I'm sorry for you, that hydor app is horrible. In fact, all apps are mostly horrible, kamoer had the best and easiest of all IMO

Todd31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had problems earlier this year, after a lot of back and forth with them we figured out that the app didn’t work well with my new iPhone. If you’re trying with a recent iphone, try something else… I put it on an old tablet and it worked.

OP
OP
olonmv

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked my kamoer app and thank G it still works. I'm sorry for you, that hydor app is horrible. In fact, all apps are mostly horrible, kamoer had the best and easiest of all IMO
I was forced to use Hydor because aqamai ni longer updates I guess. It just happened one day. Noticed high flow, tried to see what was goin on within app and BOOM….Youre routed to the Hydor app. Total inconvenience. I’ve temporarily found a direction which to point my Powrhead towards in which kinda helped.

OP
OP
olonmv

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had problems earlier this year, after a lot of back and forth with them we figured out that the app didn’t work well with my new iPhone. If you’re trying with a recent iphone, try something else… I put it on an old tablet and it worked.
This was just completely random. Same phone that I’ve had for 2 years. Not sure what’s goin on. I even opened up a new account under my wife’s address and still would get the same screen. It says something like it’s updating from server but nothing ever appears as a device after the update from server is complete.

OP
OP
olonmv

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I has issues too because I denied location permission. Once I enabled it, it was able to connect to the device. Why they need location permission is beyond me.
So got home today and opened app for first time in days and first prompt after opening app was that my locations services need to be allowed. Allowed when using app and it finally loaded my device. I can control my powerhead again!

OP
OP
olonmv

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This product is useless! Now i managed to get to the app and the device is blinking red at the bottom. Tried resetting it to no avail. Honestly this thing deserve to go to the garbage bin. I would prefer a jebao over it with less fiddling and headache. I wasted like 3 hours trying to get it t ok work in vein . Even when it worked I can hardly change the mode because it is so difficult to deal with that app interface.
Did you push the button by the led for 10 seconds? If it resets correctly the white light remains solid white for like 10-20 seconds.

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you push the button by the led for 10 seconds? If it resets correctly the white light remains solid white for like 10-20 seconds.
Yes tried that reset, it gives white light but goes back to blinking red. No idea what to do?

I cleaned the whole thing with vinegar yesterday but still not working.
Any other tricks you recommend?

Last edited:

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It also has something to do with internet protocol / firewalls - make sure yr wifi is open / not strict . When using spectrum internet it was easy , now with frontier I had to manually go into router settings to lower firewall but imo it’s soo much effort to get a pump to work I switched to jebao

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love the KPS, but it really for people who set it and forget it. When you switch to the Hydor app you basically have to start from scratch because nothing transfers over.

I had the blinking issue once, I basically gave the propeller a spin and it's been fine ever since. If I remember correctly, it means that the propeller is stuck.

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the KPS, but it really for people who set it and forget it. When you switch to the Hydor app you basically have to start from scratch because nothing transfers over.

I had the blinking issue once, I basically gave the propeller a spin and it's been fine ever since. If I remember correctly, it means that the propeller is stuck.
I thought that too. So I took it out and earned it in vinegar, but something is wrong. There is also a funky smell in the impeller well, I think the pump just died.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back