Aqamai kps/Hydor app issues

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I thought that too. So I took it out and earned it in vinegar, but something is wrong. There is also a funky smell in the impeller well, I think the pump just died.

Their customer service is really good. I had an issue once and they resolved it quickly.

OP
OP
olonmv

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes tried that reset, it gives white light but goes back to blinking red. No idea what to do?

I cleaned the whole thing with vinegar yesterday but still not working.
Any other tricks you recommend?
According to the diagnostics page blinking red means you have a locked rotor. If you haven’t opened it yet, it comes apart in two parts….at that point you have access to the rotor. If that spins freely then I’m not sure what else it can be.

48B8E33D-A301-4040-9636-796D71F15416.jpeg

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to the diagnostics page blinking red means you have a locked rotor. If you haven’t opened it yet, it comes apart in two parts….at that point you have access to the rotor. If that spins freely then I’m not sure what else it can be.

48B8E33D-A301-4040-9636-796D71F15416.jpeg
Thanks I opened and cleaned it with vinegar but still not working.

OP
OP
olonmv

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I opened and cleaned it with vinegar but still not working.
That sucks. Hope you get in touch with customer service and they’re able to resolve the issue or give you a replacement even if it’s at a discounted price. It’s a great pump IMO the software just needs improving.

OP
OP
olonmv

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked my kamoer app and thank G it still works. I'm sorry for you, that hydor app is horrible. In fact, all apps are mostly horrible, kamoer had the best and easiest of all IMO
AI has been sweet so far, my kamoer dosing pump and app have been good……. once you can get past their headache of a setup in some cases.

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks. Hope you get in touch with customer service and they’re able to resolve the issue or give you a replacement even if it’s at a discounted price. It’s a great pump IMO the software just needs improving.
The software needs to be nuked, not improved .
Purpose of a wifi app is to make your life easier not miserable lol

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sent an email to Hydor from last week..no reply!! Even Hydor US phone number is not answering.

Any thoughts welcome. I will just keep the magnets and toss it in the garbage (just like a Jebao) but this is more exoensive though

Jakels5253

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot even get the app to install on my phone. This is really frustrating. I have no idea what my KPS pumps are doing now. I had them set to the same schedule but the leads are different colors. I am trying to dial in my flow... Shoot can't even set it to constant at this point. Very disgusted.

OP
OP
olonmv

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sent an email to Hydor from last week..no reply!! Even Hydor US phone number is not answering.

Any thoughts welcome. I will just keep the magnets and toss it in the garbage (just like a Jebao) but this is more exoensive though
I wouldn’t know what to do. I was already looking into replacing mine when the app started working. Stinks that you gotta go through this. Hope your luck changes.

OP
OP
olonmv

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot even get the app to install on my phone. This is really frustrating. I have no idea what my KPS pumps are doing now. I had them set to the same schedule but the leads are different colors. I am trying to dial in my flow... Shoot can't even set it to constant at this point. Very disgusted.
If you’re trying the aqamai app it won’t install. You gotta load the hydor app.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Hydor has stopped trading, so I assume their offices are closed for good.

I had problems with my app. Solved by reinstalling and every time it asked you for access to something (e.g. location services) click yes. Then follow the instructions to connect direct to the pump (not via your home network). That worked for me.

Jakels5253

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re trying the aqamai app it won’t install. You gotta load the hydor app.
No I am trying the Hydor app. And went through a few recommended fixes. Nothing seems to work. Idk if it has anything to do with it being the brand new pixel 6 pro phone...

OP
OP
olonmv

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On an iPhone, I was redirected from the aqamai app to the Hydor app at start up with no option to continue to aqamai app. I know that as soon as I allowed location services, the app started to upload my profile from their server to my phone it seemed. It’s worked fine since. Sorry I can’t be of any help.

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea what to do here. I can see the WiFi network the KPS puts out, and connect to it, but nothing in the HYDOR app works. I can’t connect it. Anyone figure this out?

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have no idea what to do here. I can see the WiFi network the KPS puts out, and connect to it, but nothing in the HYDOR app works. I can’t connect it. Anyone figure this out?

The only thing that got mine working was to delete the app and re-install it. Every time it asks for permission to access something (e.g. location services) you have to click yes, not matter how odd it seems.

I think I mentioned before that I was using the Aqamai app. Subsequently when I logged on I was asked to update to the Hydor app. It still works for me now though, although it did take a while for me to get it connected to start with.

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing that got mine working was to delete the app and re-install it. Every time it asks for permission to access something (e.g. location services) you have to click yes, not matter how odd it seems.

I think I mentioned before that I was using the Aqamai app. Subsequently when I logged on I was asked to update to the Hydor app. It still works for me now though, although it did take a while for me to get it connected to start with.
So I got it “connected”, but can’t actually do anything with it. I see it in the app now, but it won’t let me connect it to my Wi-Fi. It just shows a blank screen when it asks me to choose a network to connect to. Any ideas?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back