Aqamai LRs 50w LED questions

NeptuneRjo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking into the AQAMAI LRs 50w LED as an upgrade from my Current Marine Pro. Is this a good light? I cant seem to find exact PAR readings but i've read it can reach up to 1.9 PAR per watt, anyone have any experience with this?

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump for lighting gurus

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking into the AQAMAI LRs 50w LED as an upgrade from my Current Marine Pro. Is this a good light? I cant seem to find exact PAR readings but i've read it can reach up to 1.9 PAR per watt, anyone have any experience with this?

The light looks awesome! I was looking at it myself. Heard great stuff. Seems though after you get the mounting arms (+$100) your looking at close to $350. Probably would be better off with an AI Prime 16HD which is WiFi compatable as well for around $210 +$30 for the gooseneck mount or the Kessil A80 for around $160 with gooseneck mount but the wifi unit for that is another $100. Still less than the Aqamai. What size tank do you have? If you do buy the Aqamai I would buy it from Petco and find the 20% off coupon on RetailMeNot. Knocks the price down to $220 w/tax (excludes mounting arms.)

Last edited:

bob salzlein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light looks awesome! I was looking at it myself. Heard great stuff. Seems though after you get the mounting arms (+$100) your looking at close to $350. Probably would be better off with an AI Prime 16HD which is WiFi compatable as well for around $210 +$30 for the gooseneck mount or the Kessil A80 for around $160 with gooseneck mount but the wifi unit for that is another $100. Still less than the Aqamai. What size tank do you have? If you do buy the Aqamai I would buy it from Petco and find the 20% off coupon on RetailMeNot. Knocks the price down to $220 w/tax (excludes mounting arms.)
The LRs retails for 249.99 and the arm retails for 69.99. It has a 2' x 2' spread, very sleek design, ready to go out of the box, no needed equipment to buy.

Attachments

• LRs PAR info.pdf
    481 KB · Views: 80
Back