Bio media in sump

Ya I'm thinking it is ceramic media that leaches IIRC. I'm not familiar with bioshperes, never had a reason not to use rock or rubble.
I agree with you that I would avoid most biomedia due to the leaching risk. Seachem Matrix I believe is okay since this specific issue has been looked into extensively by the freshwater and pond community and it is Seachem Matrix and the plastic based media which seemed to show no detectable leaching.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new