Aqua bus cable question

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30 ft cable and a 15 foot cable. How can I connect them or is that impossible? The neptune site says. ---

The Aquabus cables can be connected in any manner you wish— just don't create a loop. You can daisy chain or use the connectors on your Energy Bar to make a star configuration..

Well that helps no one. I'm getting kinda upset with them because they speak as if a person already knows this Info.

Last edited:

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you were to lay out your modules in a line and connect them so they form a chain. That is daisy chain. If you spread them out with one module in the center, that would resemble a star. What they dont want is for the conections to form a continuous loop.

The aquabus cables are double male usb connections, they won't connect together, you can buy a male female usb extension and extend the cable that way though.

OP
OP
ddc0715

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need about 45 feet give or take, to install a pm1 module on my new fowler tank. the website says one can daisy chain cables, that being said I have one 30 ft M/F aqua-bus ext cable and one 15 foot M/F aqua bus ext cable, and a few short M/M aquabus cables. that can be connected to make one long M/F cable because each cable I have has an M/F cable end, I would then add a short M/M Cable to the end. so when it's all said and done I would have about a 48 ft M/M cable. so in theory, I can physically connect them but will it still function properly.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back