aqua c skimmer

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been about a week since my skimmer's pulled out any gunk. Before, it used to pull out a full cup every 3, 4 days. The pump's running and all, but no collection happening. What's going on?

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm haven't cleaned it yet but it's maybe less than a month old. <-- the answer?

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Jesse...make sure the collection cup neck is clean (I use a toothbrush on my Remora). Also make sure the neck of the skimmer that comes up to where the collection cup seats in the skimmer is clean also.

Another school of thought is to check your salinity/Specific Gravity...when that drops down skimmer production slows also!

I have been running my AquaC Remora for well over 3 years and love it...I am sure a minor adjustment will make yours suck more gunk out of the tank!

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aye...cleaning. I hate cleaning... I'll wait it out till the move. :D Thanks for the solution guys.

naturebat

Toad Licker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have good luck cleaning the pump impeller and running the whole skimmer in a bucket of white vinegar for a hour.

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thought it was weird that it would get so dirty quickly...checked the skimmer tonight, and there was a turbo snail stuck in the intake. lucked out from cleaning...;]

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should clean out the skimmer collection cup, and neck at LEAST weekly...if you don't...your wasting yout time skimming at all!!

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:O really?? yikes. didn't know that. i clean the cup every few days, but never cared much for the neck. why is that btw?

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
because the neck builds up with the same crud that is in the cup...and once it gets a nice film on it...the foam has trouble rising to the cup!

Cleaning in essence helps it run at optimum performance! I just hit it with a tooth brush real quick when I clean my cup.

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now that it's working... so are the microbubbles. any tips on how to reduce them?

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back