Aqua Controller JR?

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased an Aqua Controller Jr and I was told that I can run my Vortech powerheads off of it without their control modules? If this is correct I have a MP40 and a MP20, I know that you can get MP40 control modules from Vortech and put the MP20 pump on it and make it a MP40. Can I make my MP20 a MP40 by running it with the AC JR?

MimicOcto8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interesting question. i'm not sure I understand completely but i'm going to follow this. I was talking to ecotech about upgrading mp20s so this might help me understand them better.

OP
OP
skinz78

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and I just remembered another question, can I run my Pinpoint Nitrate probe off of it as well?

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AC Jr has a module that will allow you to control wireless ecosmart drivers, but it doesn't eliminate the ecosmart drivers. It lets you set up a timer to switch between modes and can have it put the pumps in feed mode when you hit the feed/maintenance mode on the AC Jr. You'll still need to buy the new driver from Vortech to make your MP20 a MP40

MAXreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope I am wrong and there is a way of doing it but I don't think it will work.

I have the Apex and even with the Apex I needed the full Vortech setup: pump and wireless driver. Additionally I had to purchase the WXM module which communicates then wireless with the Vortech driver to change the modes etc....

youngtimothy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think you can run vortech's on any controller except their own, I have 2 mp40's and a reefkeeper lite 3 and cant run them on it. I remember on some other forum they had a suggestion thread for them and peple wanted to be able to use their own controllers them.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back