Aqua Forest dosing Q.

enzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been dosing AquaForest for a couple of years, and my cal. is only at 350 and my all is 9. and it shows on my sps looks like there just making it.
Im mixing Component Strong with with the conversion that my lfs gave me (Part One: Calcium, Dissolve13 tablespoons calcium powder along with2.4 tablespoons of magnesium in one gallon of R/O water, add19ml of component A strong and 19ml of component strong B and mix well.)
I'm dosing 16x's a day 12ml each time on a 30gl. breeder. I think thats a lot and my cal should be skyrocketing, so my thought is that my measuring with Calcium Component Strong way off. what do you think? thanks

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triple-check before you believe any observations or make any changes to your tank

How are you measuring Ca? Ca test kits are prone to error and inconsistencies. My Hanna gave me 530 one day and 450 the next. It's been 450ish last several times I checked...but I never really trust it.

OP
OP
enzo

enzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply, I test very frequent about every 4th day and this is my 3rd test kit. I use Red Sea calcium pro the same as my lfs uses. This kit has about one test lift in it. I don't mind changing to a different kit, i need a recommendation or is the one I'm using ok?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
CA should be in the 400-450 range and there is forgiveness if a little high or low. I would get a second opinion on CA by taking a water sample to a trusted LFS and have them test and see what they come up with and to compare with yours. Then you will know the dependency of your test kit

OP
OP
enzo

enzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mystery solved, I used there measurements and adding everything to a gallon of water not a liter. I've looked into some videos and some of them do not add magnesium and some do? These two videos do not add magnesium the 2nd video is from AF. .

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back