Aqua Japan aquarium 190

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers I just purchased this aqua Japan 190 gallon aquarium wondering if anyone has some experience with this brand.

F19F92FA-B0A7-4987-8527-6ECF8C10751D.jpeg

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never heard of it and I thought I knew them all haha. What are your thoughts on it? What is glass thickness? Looks solid from the picture.

What overflow drain style are you going to run in it?

OP
OP
C

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never heard of it and I thought I knew them all haha. What are your thoughts on it? What is glass thickness? Looks solid from the picture.

I have a Red Sea 425 so this one is my first the glass feels really nice I’ll have to get measurements for you. It sucks that the stand did not come with instructions when I bought it from a lfs.

OP
OP
C

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

For the overflow I’m gonna have my favorite lfs come do the drain setup

OP
OP
C

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was about to get one a month ago.

How is yours?
I don’t have it running right now as I’m moving in 2 months but it’s going up In October. If you happen to get one if yours comes with instructions can you send me pictures that would really help me out finish the build on the stand

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you mean to say 180? AFAIK they don't make a 190. I have their 180 with the stand and 120g sump. Mine isn't set up yet cause I moved shortly after buying it. The build quality I would say is similar to SCA. It's 1/2" glass with the 3 front being low iron. While the brand has Japan in it, it's not made there (China). The only thing I'm not too fond of is the stand. It's just laminated mdf held together with cam locks and a few tiny dowels. However the top is one large piece instead of separate smaller ones. I'm going to reinforce the stand when I get around to setting it up.

OP
OP
C

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you mean to say 180? AFAIK they don't make a 190. I have their 180 with the stand and 120g sump. Mine isn't set up yet cause I moved shortly after buying it. The build quality I would say is similar to SCA. It's 1/2" glass with the 3 front being low iron. While the brand has Japan in it, it's not made there (China). The only thing I'm not too fond of is the stand. It's just laminated mdf held together with cam locks and a few tiny dowels. However the top is one large piece instead of separate smaller ones. I'm going to reinforce the stand when I get around to setting it up.
The lfs told me 190 60x30x24

OP
OP
C

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can help me with the stand that would be great

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
The lfs told me 190 60x30x24
I know the tanks they make are all standard sizes. 120 - 4x2x2; 150 - 5x2x2; 180 - 6x2x2. Is that a new line of tanks that they're making?

I dont have the instructions for the stand anymore. They were pretty much useless anyways.

DylanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering one of these vs SCA. That stand design makes me a nervous with no central support. Is it particleboard or plywood?

creativeballance

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have it running right now as I’m moving in 2 months but it’s going up In October. If you happen to get one if yours comes with instructions can you send me pictures that would really help me out finish the build on the stand
I ended up getting a gently used Planet Aquarium 125 instead. The store I was going to order the Aqua Japan from suddenly didnt have it in stock anymore. I was in a hurry, due to my tank about to split its seams.

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering one of these vs SCA. That stand design makes me a nervous with no central support. Is it particleboard or plywood?
I'm not sure if the 120 and 150 has a center support but I can say for certain that the 180 does. There's also 4 vertical support beams but the instructions don't say where they should go so I placed 2 at the center back wall and 1 one each side. It's not particle board but MDF so it wont fall apart if wet but will swell up. The laminate is heavy duty and repell splashes but a leak will probably destroy the stand. The weak spots are the holes for the cam locks where water can enter. I'm going to seal mine with clear silicone. SCA stands I believe are MDF as well, atleast my 120 pnp was.

OP
OP
C

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if the 120 and 150 has a center support but I can say for certain that the 180 does. There's also 4 vertical support beams but the instructions don't say where they should go so I placed 2 at the center back wall and 1 one each side. It's not particle board but MDF so it wont fall apart if wet but will swell up. The laminate is heavy duty and repell splashes but a leak will probably destroy the stand. The weak spots are the holes for the cam locks where water can enter. I'm going to seal mine with clear silicone. SCA stands I believe are MDF as well, atleast my 120 pnp was.
I got 4 support beams on my stand that I have no idea as well where they go and I have a **** load of extra screws left over

lisavillarreal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You wouldn’t happen to have the manual for getting the cabinets doors on would you? We bought a used one. But can’t seem to get the doors on right.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%

Back