Aqua medic anybody?

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few days ago, I got and installed the Aqua Medic auto top-off system "AM Refill System Easy", which was less expensive than many of the leading brands (Tunze, about 84 euros). Installing was easy it works very nicely. The magnet holder is on the small side but does the job. The cool blinking green light of the apparatus looks cool at night (as shown in the pic on the box.
They seem a solid German company. They make a lot of stuff related to reef tanks and more. I have their Wavemaker, which is very compact and effective.

JonsNano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few aqua medic products heater,return pump,skimmer,reactor and temp control even the little pc fan for cooling lol I would say they are good products. I had an issue with the skimmer but it was actually my fault due to the water level which I realised accidentally when doing a wc when I forgot to turn off my ato lol ‍♂️

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They used to be really good. I remember when I got in to reefing 20+ years ago, they were THE premium brand here in Europe. I was so exited when I got a 2x250w aqua medic halide fixture for my tank.
Nowadays they mostly put out cheap made in china stuff.

OP
OP
Koty

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At leas to me it does not look like made-in-China cheap stuff. I guess time will tell.

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At leas to me it does not look like made-in-China cheap stuff. I guess time will tell.
For example, their dosers and pumps are basically rebranded jebao stuff.
There’s a reason why they are cheap, especially if you compare them to most other quality German brands.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.8%

Back