Aqua medic anybody?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Koty
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Koty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2021
Messages
1,401
Reaction score
1,095
Location
Rehovot Israel
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few days ago, I got and installed the Aqua Medic auto top-off system "AM Refill System Easy", which was less expensive than many of the leading brands (Tunze, about 84 euros). Installing was easy it works very nicely. The magnet holder is on the small side but does the job. The cool blinking green light of the apparatus looks cool at night (as shown in the pic on the box.
They seem a solid German company. They make a lot of stuff related to reef tanks and more. I have their Wavemaker, which is very compact and effective.
 
I have a few aqua medic products heater,return pump,skimmer,reactor and temp control even the little pc fan for cooling lol I would say they are good products. I had an issue with the skimmer but it was actually my fault due to the water level which I realised accidentally when doing a wc when I forgot to turn off my ato lol ‍♂️
 
They used to be really good. I remember when I got in to reefing 20+ years ago, they were THE premium brand here in Europe. I was so exited when I got a 2x250w aqua medic halide fixture for my tank.
Nowadays they mostly put out cheap made in china stuff.
 
At leas to me it does not look like made-in-China cheap stuff. I guess time will tell.
 
At leas to me it does not look like made-in-China cheap stuff. I guess time will tell.
For example, their dosers and pumps are basically rebranded jebao stuff.
There’s a reason why they are cheap, especially if you compare them to most other quality German brands.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new