Aqua Medic DC Runner Controllable Pump Question

Justice4u2

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2016
Messages
53
Reaction score
27
Location
Chillicothe, OH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the planning process of my new blended reef aquarium. At the moment I am planning on using a 46 gallon bow front, with a 20 gallon sump. I am also looking at getting the 700 gph overflow from glass-holes.com. For my return pump I am looking at the Aqua Medic DC Runner Controllable Pump rated at 792 gph. I know that I will lose head pressure as it reaches the display tank. Which is not an issue as I plan on running it at around 400-500 gph.

Here is my question. When the electricity goes out, then comes back on, will it stay at the settings that it was at, or will it start at full blast? Or something else?
 
Not a direct answer (sorry, no experience with the Aqua Medic DC's) but I have two other DC pumps from different manufacturers. They both restart at the last setting before a power loss. I can't imagine the AM not doing so as well. You may want to contact them off their website and ask the question just to be sure. Good luck.
 
dbl, Thank you very much for your response. After I did more research I decided to go with EHEIM Compact+ Pump 3000.

I have been out of this hobby for several years, and really miss it. This is my attempt to get started again. I can’t believe how much has changed. With both the DC pumps and LED’s I almost feel like I am doing this for the first time.

We still need to use water in the tanks,,, right?
 
Water is the one one thing we all have to have to be successful. But let's not open that can of worms on how we make said water!

Start up a build thread and share your return to the hobby. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Good luck.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new