Aqua Medic Reef Dosers Evo4

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are any of you using the Aqua Medic Reef Doser? I Like the idea of having the controller separate from the pump. I imagine it would make, programing easier. So what are your thoughts on this Doser?

pirate2876

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one but, I only use 1 channel. Initially I set it up for dosing ALK/CAL/MAG/NOPO but, I went back to a CA reactor. It worked fine but, then I had trouble keeping the lines primed. I talked to someone at Aquamedic and they sent me some check valves and that fixed the issue. I still run the 1 channel with liquid MAG supplement.

The best feature is the controller. I have the doser low near the sump and the controller stickied to eye level rack.

Vincent100

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just got rid of mine , was fed up with the lines getting air bubbles in them

PhreeByrd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the EVO 4. Great doser in my opinion, and AquaMedic USA has been awesome with the one item I needed support for. The doser is extremely accurate and easy to set up. Having the controller separate from the pump unit is an excellent feature and makes access so much easier.
I'm still trying to figure out how to do manual dosing. The instructions are good for setup and programming, but they're kind of sparse (and somewhat oddly translated from German.)

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 47 26.0%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 44 24.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 42 23.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 44 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back