Aqua scape opinions

Thunderfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 75 is coming together. I threw together a quick scape this evening and want to see what opinions you may have. I like it but, I know what it looks like now and what it looks like when things grow out will be a another thing. I think I have a good number of shelf type area to place corals. If anybody has any suggestions let em rip. I have lots of rock left over so I can add some if need be. I am going to epoxy a few wobbly pieces once it is final.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Thunderfan

Thunderfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pic would help

I was going to call it the clingon bird of prey. Guess I was too fired up and got ahead of myself.

20150101_211759.jpg

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to call it the clingon bird of prey. Guess I was too fired up and got ahead of myself.

:pound: The rockwork looks nice. One thing I've had a hard time to learn is to fix it how you want it now and epoxy/glue/ducttape it together so you don't forget how it went after you take it out. Ugh, it's so simple of a thing to do, and I forget every time! :frusty:
Are you planning to stay barebottom or sand?

OP
OP
Thunderfan

Thunderfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know what you mean I had cut cardboard the size of my tank and did a scape on the floor and tried to take it a part a little at a time and I couldn't get them to fit back like they where. This is close to what I did but think it might be better than the first one.

I'm going with sand. I'm planning on leaving the rocks in and fill sand around it. Might use a funnel and hose to get to the spots under the structures.

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks sweet for sure. Looks like it comes pretty close to the glass in the front? A problem i found with mine as it settled is it moved even closer - always good to leave a few inchs. Have you thought of not connecting the islands there in the middle? Always thought it a cool look when grown in having that ravine between pillars covered in coral.

OP
OP
Thunderfan

Thunderfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the rock is from marcos rocks. I have the e-400 from there.

On the right structure the piece closest to the glass is over 2"away. It is the piece that is close to the middle of the tank. I didn't have the 2 connected and I had that arched piece and stick it in there. It is a bridge between the two and is in the very back. I may take it out I do like the 2 seperate island look too.

A guy on a local forum said I should take the piece off of the top of the right side because it was to close to the water level so o couldn't put anything on it and the overhang will cause shadows. It's a fist sized piece about 2" from the waterline so it could come out. Any thoughts?

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to agree as I have 1st experience with that exact situation with my scape. I built it to high trying to fill in all the space and now have a couple spots like that. I did find I could get zoas going up there tho.

Back