Aqua SD sent wrong coral or just not open?

Vermontreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua SD or me?

Hey everyone, after my first order from asd I couldn’t be happier with the health of the corals upon arrival. But I think they sent me the wrong trachy? Not sure if it’s still closed or what the deal is but it certainly doesn’t look like the one pictured. They did include a free leptoseris frag, but I would have preferred my ordered trachy instead. Not sure it’s worth the hassle to reach out to them about it, since I got these all on an insane sale so if they’re just covering a bit of extra overhead with the swapped frag and a freebie thrown in I’m not gonna sweat it. Just thought I’d see if anyone else has had a similar experience

IMG_8228.jpeg IMG_8210.jpeg IMG_8161.png IMG_8159.png

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn’t say WYSIWYG on your order
so it’s probably just the same type of coral and what you wanted was a WYSIWYG ‍

Seen that happen to countless people

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is still closed up in your picture. Give it some time. But the second picture in the container does look like what I’d expect the trachy in their photo to look like if it was closed up. It’s hard to tell for now, just have to wait til it opens.

And I’ve ordered from AquaSD before and feel confident in saying they are honest brokers. I ordered a small trachy once, and the day they were packing the order they called me and said they didn’t think the little guy was looking good and didn’t feel comfortable sending it out. They offered a refund or send another trachy, and the trachy they sent was way nicer than the other for no extra charge. So if they did make a mistake, they’ll be responsive to your email I’m sure.

OP
OP
Vermontreefer

Vermontreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so it’s probably just the same type of coral and what you wanted was a WYSIWYG ‍

Gotcha, it was pretty misleading on their website if that’s the case. The elegance coral was a wysiwyg, the acro and monti listed as multiples, but there were a ton of other ultra trachys listed for the same price so I assumed it was wysiwyg. Honestly though the free lepto is good enough with me end of the day they’re all healthy and asd did a great job shipping and picking healthy corals. I’ll order from them again regardless

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

From my experience everything is WYSYWYG at ASD unless it says, "multiples available" or "almost WSIWYG. Granted I have had the same thing happen either as a mistake or they could not find the specific piece ordered. The manager Kaleb is good about correcting mistakes/problems so send an email. What you got does not remotely look like what you ordered IMO.

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience with aquasd, they won't give you refund or reship you corals. They will make a note that they will throw in a couple of freebies on your next order. Happened to me twice already. One time they sent me wrong coral and another time ups delayed the shipment and resulted in dead torches.

Also keep in mind most vendor photos are highly saturated and show more colors / details than we usually see in our tank.

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience with aquasd, they won't give you refund or reship you corals. They will make a note that they will throw in a couple of freebies on your next order. Happened to me twice already. One time they sent me wrong coral and another time ups delayed the shipment and resulted in dead torches.

Also keep in mind most vendor photos are highly saturated and show more colors / details than we usually see in our tank.
Just have to ask... sometimes they say that but if its blatantly wrong or dead I always ask for store credit and always get it but yeah sometimes for smaller issues I don't push it and they usually make up for it. Just like most all aquarium places its get the money, keep the money and no refunds. I usually breakeven but it's still a matter of you have to purchase again, pay shipping and probably spend additional money. Regardless of what a stores policy says they know they have an obligation to get you what you ordered in good condition when it comes to CC purchases or face lost customers and CC chargeback. I've purchased from them close to 10 years, a lot the past 6 months and never came out feeling like I was screwed. Let just say I have 33 mostly high end torches, hammers and frogs in my tank and the vast majority came from them. I still give them two thumbs up.

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just have to ask... sometimes they say that but if its blatantly wrong or dead I always ask for store credit and always get it but yeah sometimes for smaller issues I don't push it and they usually make up for it. Just like most all aquarium places its get the money, keep the money and no refunds. I usually breakeven but it's still a matter of you have to purchase again, pay shipping and probably spend additional money. Regardless of what a stores policy says they know they have an obligation to get you what you ordered in good condition when it comes to CC purchases or face lost customers and CC chargeback. I've purchased from them close to 10 years, a lot the past 6 months and never came out feeling like I was screwed. Let just say I have 33 mostly high end torches, hammers and frogs in my tank and the vast majority came from them. I still give them two thumbs up.
When it comes to delays due to UPS / FedEx, I understand it's not their fault so usually don't push too hard for a refund. I also usually use gift cards so I don't have leverage for charge back. I will continue to buy from them too. Their prices hard to beat.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back