AQUA ULTRAVIOLET 40W OZONE/UV

Went back and read it again. I have concerns about the authenticity when the literature doesn't get it right. Mentions UV-C creating ozone which is incorrect. 185nm creates ozone and UV-C 253nm dissipates it. Could just be a typo but if I'm buying something then I'm expecting the literature to make sense and especially since all UV units that have 185nm create ozone making this not special in that regard. Although to what extent that is practical in water I do not know.
I know this is an older thread, but I was looking at introducing Ozone into my 800-gallon system and the Aqua UV/Ozone units caught my attention. After looking at them, I was as confused as ever on what the logic is behind them.

I reached out to Aqua UV support and the response didn't really make sense to me. They confirmed that the Ozone units use the same 254nm bulbs as the regular units.

254nm UV lamps do NOT produce ozone, actually the opposite, they break down ozone into oxygen.

The install diagram above specifically state that they do produce ozone.

Unless they provide you with a 185nm UV bulb these units are useless in regard to ozone production.

@GARRIGA did you ever get one of these units?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new