Aqua Ultraviolet Adapters ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DarkReefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DarkReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2021
Messages
1,246
Reaction score
968
Location
Sydney, Aus
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Just received my UV sterilizer (Aqua UV Twist 25w).
Appears it doesn't come with any barbed fittings etc that can be used to link it to my return pump for example.(I thought this was the case but one review thing I saw seemed to have it shipped with) Seems that these are an optional extra to the company.

Is there a cheaper way around this other than purchasing the barb fitting & adapter that are done by them?
It's only PVC stuff so I assume if you're in the know you can potentially buy this from a local PVC pipe & fitting distributor for cheaper. Just wondering if people have done this and if so do you know the part pieces etc so I can see if I can find something locally/cheaper.

Otherwise I'll just have to goto the shop on the weekend or whatever to grab the 'branded' one.
Cheers
 
Yes, they sell two versions: the one you hard-plumb with PVC and the barbed adapters. Other than sourcing the parts (which may be more trouble than it's worth), you might be further ahead (at least time-wise) getting the barbed adapters. That's what I did with mine.
 
Yes, they sell two versions: the one you hard-plumb with PVC and the barbed adapters. Other than sourcing the parts (which may be more trouble than it's worth), you might be further ahead (at least time-wise) getting the barbed adapters. That's what I did with mine.
Yeah thanks that's what I'm thinking I'll do is using the barbed fittings rather than hard mount it.

Thought that may be the case also so was just going to do some quick google searching and see if I could find anything otherwise I'll just buy the branded fittings and utilise those as at least I know they'll work as required.
I'll likely need to get some more soft tubing anyway so it's probably just easier to pay out of my butt and get it all in one hit LOL (admittedly though the place I'd be going to appears to be the cheapest in my area looking online). Then I can just hook it up as part of the return pump loop I guess.
 
I wish you were closer......mine came with the barbed fittings and I wanted the slip ones lol. I ended up ordering them direct from Aqua....my barbed ones are just sitting in the box.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new